IAIA is Unique in All the World
There is no other college like IAIA. Here are some of the key facts about this special place.
- IAIA is the only institution of higher learning in the world dedicated to contemporary Native American art.
- We are the only national center of research, training, and scholarship for Native Americans devoted solely to American Indian and Alaska Native arts and culture, recognized by Congress as “our only native art form and cultural heritage.”
- IAIA is one of only three Congressionally chartered schools in the country.
- We are the only school in New Mexico that is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD) to offer Certificates, Associate and Bachelor degrees. IAIA is also accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC).
- Although the great majority of our students, faculty and staff are Native American, one does not have to be Native American to attend IAIA or events at IAIA.