Students graduate in the semester in which they complete all program requirements. There are academic, financial, and administrative requirements that must be fulfilled in order to graduate:
1) A Petition to Graduate form along with a $45.00 graduation fee must be submitted to the Registrar according to the following schedule:
|To Graduate in:||Fee Due to Registrar:|
|Spring Semester 2011||November 19, 2010|
|Fall Semester 2011||April 15, 2011|
|Summer Semester 2011||January 19, 2011|
2) GPA Requirements: The student must attain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better in all required coursework.
3) The student must complete all major requirements as outlined in department program.
4) Creative Writing, Studio Arts, and New Media Arts BFA degree students must participate in the annual graduating student exhibition in the spring of the academic year in which they graduate.
5) Studio Arts and New Media Arts BFA degree students must participate in a group exhibition of work during their final semester.
6) The student’s final two semesters of course work must be completed at IAIA.
7) All debts to the Institute must be paid in full. A student’s diploma and transcript will be withheld until all debts to IAIA are paid.
As there is only one annual commencement ceremony, Fall/Summer graduates are encouraged to join the College in the Spring graduation ceremony held each year in May. Students may participate in Commencement with up to 6 credits remaining to complete their graduation requirements. However, the Senior Project or Senior Thesis must be completed with a C or better to participate.