About the Digital Dome
|The Digital Dome @ IAIA was created to assist in the evolution of informed, educated and digitally-enabled storytellers so that they can actively maintain, represent and fortify Native arts and culture for future generations. The dome programming and courses ensure that IAIA students will learn how to leverage the power of this new media technology for their Native communities in the social, cultural, economic and political realms.|
The Digital Dome offers is a unique space to learn new applications for creative expression, scientific and technical exploration, and the merging of art and technology. It is also unique in the world as the only articulating dome which can move 90 degrees and be positioned in multiple locations for different viewing experiences. IAIA has joined the international fulldome consortium to link our programming and knowledge formation with others across the country and the world experimenting in new ways in this immersive environment.
The Digital Dome consists of a:
• Black box 41′ (width) x 41′ (width) x 31′ (ceiling height)
• 24′ (width) x 12′ (height) digital dome
• 6.1 surround system with Tascam DM-3200 mixer
• Sky-Skan digital system including 6 projectors, 8 computers (one master, six slaves, one audio), and DigitalSky 2 software to create a 2k projection.
• 35 moveable gaming chairs with 2 built-in 3″ 2-way speakers and 4″ subwoofer.
• Power regulated by Eaton Powerware 9155 UPS.
• 12-core 32 GB RAM Macintosh with two Quardro 4000 video cards and two Maxtrox TripleHead2Go
In addition to serving the students, faculty and staff of the academic programs, the Digital Dome is available for artists, researchers, and/or teams of art technology collaborators. Contact the digital Dome Manager for more information. The Digital Dome along with the IAIA campus offers a host of resources to accommodate your project or event.