Fitness and Wellness
Shape is vital to art and sculpture. It’s also vital to the artist. Getting in shape and staying in shape are what we actively pursue in the Fitness and Wellness Program. Our new facility, housed in the Student Life Activity Center, is dedicated to bringing the benefits — physically, artistically and emotionally — to the IAIA curriculum.
The relationship between physical health, emotional well being and spiritual awareness is well known, and that is our focus and our offering. Our Fitness and Wellness programs promote health through all of the dimensions of wellness and physical movement to enhance longevity and quality of life. Physical health is a necessity for success.
It’s time to get moving. Fitness Center activities and classes will help you achieve a healthier lifestyle, including physical activity, nutrition, meditation, and movement.
Fitness and Wellness Program
The Fitness Training Center offers exercise equipment, classes, and open hours that provide all students, faculty and staff with an on-campus facility to get in shape and stay in shape. Classes include conditioning, yoga, weight-training, self defense, archery and cross-country running. The schedule changes semester by so be sure to check the current schedule to find your favorite activity, or try something new.
The mental, emotional, physical and spiritual well-being of every IAIA student and employee is the goal for our Fitness and Wellness Program.
The Fitness and Wellness program promotes health through all of the dimensions of wellness and physical movement to enhance longevity and quality of life. To meet our aspirations for excellence, we recognize that being physically healthy is necessary for our success.
All of those who participate in Fitness Center activities and classes will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
Depending on which course students enroll in, they will be able to demonstrate:
- To monitor changes in physiological outcomes over a set period of time
- To demonstrate an understanding of the health benefits of exercise and be empowered to develop a personal physical activity program
- To develop and practice recreational, fitness and wellness activities as a part of a healthy lifestyle
- To experience a variety of fitness and wellness related activities on and off campus
- 1 credit physical education classes
- Drop-in hours in the Fitness Center
- Individual fitness assessments
- Special events, such as 5K runs and archery competitions