Dual Credit Program
The Dual Credit Program at IAIA provides New Mexico high school students the opportunity to take college courses and earn both high school and college credit. High school students from any background are welcome to apply to be a dual credit student. Choose from a variety of dual credit courses available in Studio Arts; Creative Writing; Museum Studies; Indigenous Studies; New Media Arts.
Download the Dual Credit printable brochure (, 261.7 KiB)
A student must be:
- Enrolled in a high school with a dual credit agreement with IAIA
- Enrolled at least half-time at the high school currently enrolled
- A high school junior or senior
- Maintaining a 2.0 cumulative G.P.A. or above
- Approved for dual credit by a high school administrator or counselor
- Approved for dual credit by parent/guardian
- Meet with your high school counselor and parent/guardian to find out if dual credit is right for you.
- With the help of your counselor, select the course that is the best fit for you.
- Complete and submit these forms to IAIA:
- Take the Accuplacer placement test prior to registering for a course with a Math or English prerequisite or submit your ACT or SAT scores.
- Attend an IAIA Dual Credit Orientation session or speak directly with the Academic Outreach Coordinator about your responsibilities as a dual credit student.
Dual Credit Partners
The IAIA has established dual credit agreements with Albuquerque Public Schools, Bernalillo High School, Native American Community Academy, Santa Fe Indian School, Santa Fe Public Schools and Walatowa Charter School.
For more information about the program, please contact