IAIA Summer Bridge Program
June 28 – July 18, 2015
High school students who are interested in art can come to the IAIA campus for a three week on-campus summer program to earn college credit, explore art-related fields, and become familiar with college readiness.
Students will be eligible to earn five college credits:
- 1 credit HEAL course – fitness and wellness activities as well as opportunities for river rafting, hiking, and outdoor experiences
- 1 credit Indigenous leadership through higher education course, a Native-based college readiness class that includes skill-building
- 3 credit course in one of the following: Art & Exhibition Preparation, Acting I, or Text & Image
The program also provides additional activities that include:
- Attendance at Cochiti Pueblo’s annual Feast Day July 14
- Field trips to the Museum of Contemporary Native Arts, the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center, and other important Native American cultural resources, led by IAIA’s Museum Studies faculty
- Rafting trip down the Rio Grande Rift Valley
- Taos Pueblo Powwow July 12
- Film Nights, including films at IAIA’s Digital Dome
Please note that students are expected to reside on-campus during the entire three weeks. Weekend checkouts are discouraged.
The IAIA Summer Bridge Program is intended for students that are interested in earning college credits and who have a high interest in exploring the arts.
- Full-time high school juniors or seniors
- Minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 2.5
A selection committee reviews all complete applications. Participants are selected on the basis of academic achievement, letter of recommendation and personal statement.
How to apply
Submit the following information postmarked by the priority deadline of April 30, 2015:
- Online Application Form or download the application form below (.pdf)
- $25.00 application fee
- Copy of High School transcripts 2.5 minimum GPA (see your high school Registrar to obtain.)
- One letter of recommendation, written by a teacher, supervisor or community leader who can make a recommendation based on merit
- Statement of Interest, one page, answer the following: How will this Summer Bridge program impact your college plans?
To download a hard copy of the application form: Summer Bridge Application Form REV (, 350.7 KiB)
The Summer Program will cover the majority of expenses during the program. These include: housing, daily meals, course materials and transportation during program activities.
Note: Participants are responsible for the cost of transportation to and from IAIA. Students who travel to IAIA by plane, train or bus will be picked up at the airport, bus or train station by IAIA program staff.
All documents should be sent to
IAIA – Summer Bridge Program
Office of Admissions & Recruitment
83 Avan Nu Po Road
Santa Fe, NM 87508
Deadline Extended to April 30, 2015!