Childcare is not available on campus. However, we encourage parents to apply for Presbyterian Medical Services (P.M.S.) offers off site Early Head Start and Head Start services to those who meet the criteria for cost-free child care. Applications are available below. IAIA families, as well as non-IAIA families, must meet income eligibility guidelines for cost-free childcare.
Who must submit an application with income verification
- Children NEW to the Program(s)
- Children transitioning from the now defunct Nizhoni Center (6 wks-3 y.o.) to a SF Head Start program (3 y.o.-5 y.o.)
- Reapplying due to dis-enrollment for not participating in the program for more than 2 weeks.
Who isn’t required to submit an application
- Re-enrollment into another P.M.S. Center/no break in program and as long as all requirements are met.
- Based on highest need
- Selection Round 1 (End of May-Early June): Approximately 75% of the openings will be filled.
- Selection Round 2 & 3 (During the summer): To fill the remaining openings
Download a P.M.S. application form: PMS Early Headstart Application (, 242.8 KiB)
For more information, contact the Center for Student Life at 505.424.2337.